Skip to main content

Distance Learning : Student Complaint Process

North Carolina Student Grievance Contact Information

Out of State Student Grievance Contact Information

Student Complaints

TCCC strives to resolve complaints for distance learning students as well as those on-campus .

Students should use the links provided below to locate the appropriate form and process for complaints. 

  1. Students who are enrolled in distance courses who wish to resolve a complaint related to their enrollment must first follow the Tri-County Community College's Student Complaints Policy located in the current College Catalog or the Tri-County Student Rights and Policies web site .

  2. North Carolina residents may see the NC Higher Education Complaint Policy and Procedure section the Tri-County Student Rights and Policies web site for information and contacts or go directly to the University of North Carolina POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION COMPLAINTS page at

  3. Students may also file a complaint through State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA NC) program of the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority.  Click here for the  SARA-NC Complaint Process and Complaint Form. 

  4.  If an issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint with your State of Residence using the information in the Directory of State Authorization Agencies and Contacts document in the left column.  

  5. Tri-County  Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).  If a student finds that TCCC is in non-compliance with (SACSCOC) standards, policies and procedures, they may contact SACSCOC using the SACSCOC Complaints Against Institutions: Information Sheet and Form

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)